Thursday, November 26, 2009

Softies - Making them for Mirabel

Although this is only my first Post, I really need to be getting back to my actual sewing!
I am currently rapidly sewing softies for the Mirabel Foundation. The great thing about Mirabel is that it supports the *CHILDREN* of families affected by substance abuse. They do amazing, heart wrenching and important work. I hope you all give them your support and dollars at every given opportunity. I only recently heard about the Mirabel foundations work through Dave Hughes (Australian Comedian and TV celebrity) supporting them. On my day off recently I went searching to read more about their work and found out about their toy drive. If only I had searched for them sooner!! a few days until the soft toys need to be sent off - that's really soon! But I felt I couldn't let it go by without making as many as I can to send off before the 10th December deadline. The soft toys go straight to the kids and I figure if anyone in this world needs something soft to cuddle it should be them....I encourage all of you crafty and generous sewing ladies and dudes to get sewing - even if you only have time to get one or two done, send it off to them to bring a little bit of happy for these kids please!!

For more info and where to send the softies go to Meet Me At Mikes because they are the gorgeous people who are rounding up the wonderful Softies for the Mirabel toy drive.

http://meetmeatmikes.blogspot.com/2009/09/softies-for-mirabel-2009-crafting-for.html

Here are some that other creative people have made for Mirabel already:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/softiesformirabel/pool/
I'll be back later to fix this place up and get it more inspiring and creative looking! Seeya all soon.