Friday, August 19, 2011

A time for everything? Really?

The next two study periods at uni are textiles subjects, so i am hoping so much that I might be able to sew again soon. Mostly though, I have written essays and made some prints in my printmaking subject.

Sadly, and to my own detriment I have done no sewing since February really - how depressing!

I have a further confession. Spotlight here, moved from it's old location into a new -big- mega warehouse space, and I have not even had the pleasure of walking into it yet - devastated!

I have done a bit of crochet here and there, nothing finished, some went very wrong and needs re-doing.

At the moment I am working on a little, retro-inspired yellow, cotton, summer, baby cardigan, with bee buttons. I'm hoping I can make the sleeves correctly, because the last time i made this pattern in a blue and white, thicker yarn, the sleeves came out quite a lot narrower than the shaped space for them, I have no idea what happened!
This time I am going to check it bit by bit and not just follow the pattern!


Theres still a lot to do, the sleeves, the neck band and front border for the buttons.
I hope you are all having way more sewing/crochet/knitting time than I am. So now I will go and catch up with all your lovely blogs before i go back to my art history essay!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I was just thinking of you the other day and here you are! It's lovely that your course is going so well and I'm even a bit jealous that you are going to be doing 2 textiles subjects, hopefully you will be forced to sew for them! I'm trying to fit in sewing around work and am finding that a bit haphazard. The only way I get things done is to ignore the house (and it's occupants) and that doesn't go down too well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to Spotlight soon! I'm thinking of going tomorrow for some wool to knit a cupcake! Enjoying reading about your course.

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to hear from lovely people