Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Once I had a secret love

Well OK since I'm blogging about it, it's not at all secret! but it is very much love.
I just adore a tiny little baby bootie, I mean really, who can resist anything the size of tiny human feet!...but these one's in particular make me...wistfully, longingly sigh. Sometimes I pick one up just to touch it's tiny tininess!
I bought the crochet pattern from hookcandy.com and I really think everyone should go buy a pattern from there, they are so very cute!

My husbands cousin is expecting a bub next year. She's a great friend as well as a cousin. She was the first person we told when we got engaged, (other than our mum's). She was our bridesmaid when we were married. Despite being too ill to make it down here, she told us early that she was  in order for us to have something happy to think about the day of mum's funeral. Since then I have been wanting to make something special to send her for her bub and now that life has calmed down a bit, I've been practicing quite a lot every night to get them right. One bootie always ends up bigger than the other!!! despite using stitch counters and counting and re-counting the stitches. It must be the tension I guess, maybe I'm tense about getting a  pair hehe.
I hear it is a common problem for beginners though to try to get two booties the same! These blue and chocolate ones are the first completed pair the same size YAY!
We don't know if she is having a boy or a girl yet so I am working on booties in combo's of chocolate, white or cream with lavender, yellow, orange, green, or pink and then she can keep the ones she wants and pass any she doesn't need to another mum and bub. I'm sure she will know lot's of mums with new bubs soon enough.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always nice to hear from lovely people