Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November Challenge Complete!

This Months 12 Months 12 Challenges November Challenge from Carolyn over at My Favourite was to create something Christmassy.
November Challenge completed! but only just scraping in in time!!
This afternoon I took a break from the Feliz dresses and stitched up a little something for my husband.
Apparently I NEVER make him anything, so now he can't say that anymore..but really..how hard is it to make stuff for guys in general anyway!
I had hidden away in my stash for a couple of years, a Christmas stocking panel that was in the remnants bin at Spotlight for months on end, and I finally took it home for $2.
I added the extra white length at the top from the extra fabric around it on the panel so that I could chain stitch his name on it. It's the first time I've done any chain stitch on anything! so I'm glad it worked out. I also created a facing for the top section and a hangy loop from the fabric remaining from the panel after I cut the two prints out.
Garry loves it! but now I have to find heaps of stuff to fill it, it's enormous!
So pop on over to My Favourite and check out what the others doing the 12 challenges have made this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always nice to hear from lovely people